If you are having live mailboxes (belonging to active or inactive users), which contain email data that needs to be migrated to corresponding user vaults on Vaultastic, you can do this using the Historical Data Upload application .
The pre-requisites to using this option are
- The email are available in the mailboxes hosted on the server. Email which have been downloaded using the POP protocol and deleted from the server, cannot be migrated using this option.
- Your email service provider supports IMAP access to mail boxes
- You should have or should be able to reset the passwords on the server in order to access the mail boxes
- Should have sufficient Internet bandwidth at the data center where the email server is hosted to allow data flow from the server to Vaultastic.
- The email service provider should allow large email downloaded via IMAP without any throttling. It is important to note that most mail systems deploy bandwidth throttling to protect their systems from being overloaded and hence this method, while fully automated, would take a while depending on the data size per user account. E.g. we have seen several popular systems restrict daily download limits to 2.5GB per user, which means a 10 GB mailbox could take upto 4 days to complete.
The IMAP servers supported are GSuite, O365, MS-Exchange and other IMAP servers.