Note: The Vaultastic Inactive Store will henceforth be called the Vaultastic Open Store. During the transition, you will find references for both names within the documentation and other communications.
Vaultastic is a cloud-based enterprise information archival and data management platform that protects critical data in a central repository. Following are the three steps to getting started with Vaultastic.
Step 1. Provision your Vaultastic Account and your Vaultastic Domain
If you are new to Mithi, sign up for Vaultastic to automatically provision your account and the Vaultastic domain in a few minutes.
If you are an existing Mithi Customer and require to add a Vaultastic domain, raise a ticket to the Mithi Support team with the details of your domain to be provisioned on Vaultastic.
The following information is required to provision a Vaultastic domain:
- The primary domain. For example, acmecorp.com
- The server on which the primary email domain is hosted. For example, GSuite, O365/Office 365, SkyConnect etc. This is required to archive live email data to the Vaultastic Active Store.
Our team will respond with credentials once the domain has been created.
Once your domain is provisioned on Vaultastic, you get access to the Active and Open Stores.
Step 2. Upload email data to the Active Store
The Active Store in your Vaultastic domain is made up of a collection of Vaults. Typically one vault corresponds to one mailbox on the primary mail server. Click here to learn how to create vaults on your Vaultastic Domain.
There is more than one way of uploading data to the vaults on the Active Store.
Data can be uploaded to the vaults in the Active Store by enabling the journaling or mail forwarding capability on the primary mail solution. Once these rules have been configured, all mail transacted by the users after the configuration will be automatically archived to the corresponding vaults on your Vaultastic domain.
You can also upload data present in data files such as PST, MBOX, MAILDIR or EML files to the vaults using LegacyFlo. Click here to learn how to import data stored in files to Vaultastic.
Mail already present in the user's mailboxes on the primary mail server and accessible via IMAP can also be uploaded to vaults on the Active Store using LegacyFlo. Click here to learn how to import data from mailboxes to Vaultastic.
The mail in the Active Store can be viewed using the eDiscovery application.
Step 3. Upload files to the Open Store
The Open Store for your domain is the place where you store files.
- Files can be directly uploaded to the Open Store using a tool such as S3 Browser or the Open Store application.
- To convert email data in live mailboxes into data files and upload it to the Open Store, LegacyFlo jobs can be used.
- To copy data from Active Store to the Open Store, LegacyFlo jobs can be used.
- Data from sources such as GDrive can also be backed up to the Vaultastic Open store.
For details on uploading files to the Vaultastic Open Store, refer to this document.
The contents of the Open Store for your domain can be browsed by you using the Open Store application.