Configure Microsoft 365 or Office 365 NDR settings to specify the alternate recipient for non-delivery reports. If a journal report can’t be delivered to the journaling mailbox specified in a journal rule, the non-delivery reports in Office 365 are queued in Exchange Online for some time.
You are not allowed to define journal rules if NDR setting is disabled or the email id is not assigned to receive non-delivery reports.
Steps to configure journaling recipient for non-delivery reports
- Log in to the Microsoft 365 or Office 365 domain Admin center.
- Navigate to Admin > Exchange Admin > compliance management > journal rules
- Click Select address to specify NDR email recipient on Microsoft 365 or Office 365 domain.
- You can change this id later if required.
- It is recommended to dedicate a separate email id to receive all the undeliverable journal reports.
- Browse and select the id from the list.
- Click OK to acknowledge the warning displayed on the screen.