- Using LegacyFlo you can import email data stored in data files to the Vaultastic V4 active store
- LegacyFlo allows you to import data stored in PST, EML, MBOX, or MAILDIR format
- Importing data from a data-file to a Vaultastic V4 active store is a two-step process:
- Step 1: Upload the data files to a S3 bucket on the Amazon Cloud
- Step 2: Use the LegacyFlo application to migrate this email data to the Vaultastic V4 Active store
Preparation of the data files
- The LegacyFlo application can ingest data in EML, MBOX, MAILDIR, or PST format into the Vaultastic V4 Active store.
- These files have to be uploaded to the S3 bucket in the following manner
|EML / MBOX / MAILDIR|
Upload email data files to the Open Store
Email data in data files such as PST, MBOX, MAILDIR, or EML can be directly uploaded to the Open Store using a tool such as S3 Browser, AWS Snowball, or directly from the Open Store Application.
Option 1: Using the S3 browser to upload the files
There are 2 steps in uploading the raw data using the S3 browser
Option 2: Using the AWS Snowball
When migrating large volumes of data. It is advisable to use the AWS Snowball to transport data from your data center to the AWS data center in the selected region. Refer to the AWS documentation on ordering and using the Snowball.
Option 3: Using the Inactive Store Application
Files can be uploaded to the Open Store using the Open Store Application accessible to the domain administrators.
Prepare the vaults in the Active Store
- Each LegacyFlo request will upload data from a data file to a target vault on the Active Store
- Using the Admin Panel,
Migrate data to the Vaultastic V4 Active store
- Once the data is uploaded to the S3 bucket, you can start the migration by submitting migration requests to LegacyFlo.
- The request type used to submit a LegacyFlo request will depend on the source type. The table below gives the details of the preparation and request parameters for different source types: