- Using LegacyFlo you can import email data stored in data files to the Vaultastic V4 active store
- LegacyFlo allows you to import data stored in PST, EML, MBOX, or MAILDIR format
- Importing data from a data-file to a Vaultastic V4 active store is a two-step process:
- Step 1: Upload the data files to a S3 bucket on the Amazon Cloud
- Step 2: Use the LegacyFlo application to migrate this email data to the Vaultastic V4 Active store
- The LegacyFlo application can ingest data in EML, MBOX, MAILDIR, or PST format into the Vaultastic V4 Active store.
- These files have to be uploaded to the S3 bucket in the following manner
|EML / MBOX / MAILDIR||
Upload email data files to an S3 bucket on the Amazon Cloud
Choosing the bucket
Option 1. Uploading to a Bucket in your account
Option 2: Uploading to a Bucket in Mithi account
Sample Credentials file
Choose the upload method
Option 1: Using the S3 browser to upload the files
Option 2: Using the AWS Snowball
When migrating large volumes of data. It is advisable to use the AWS Snowball to transport data from your data center to the AWS data center in the selected region. Refer to the AWS documentation on ordering and using the Snowball.
Migrate data to the Vaultastic V4 Active store
- Once the data is uploaded to the S3 bucket, you can start the migration by submitting migration requests to LegacyFlo.
- The request type used to submit a LegacyFlo request will depend on the source type. The table below gives the details of the preparation and request parameters for different source types: