In Zimbra (Open Source), to journal incoming and outgoing mails for the selected users, you have to define a mail forwarding rule and an auto-bcc rule. Define these rules for all users for whom you need to enable the archiving.
A mail forwarding rule enables you to deliver inbound and internal-receiving delivery to Vaultastic. An auto-bcc rule enables you to deliver outbound and internal-sending delivery to Vaultastic.
Follow the steps given below to enable archiving for a selected user. Repeat the steps for each user for whom you need to enable archiving.
Step 1: Set a forwarding rule to archive incoming mail
- Log in to the Zimbra portal with a user having admin rights
- Navigate to the Manage Accounts
- Select a user to view details
- Choose the Forwarding tab
- In the Forwarding addresses hidden from the user section, enter the complete Vaultastic id of the user
Step 2: Create an auto Bcc rule to archive outgoing mail
To create an auto-bcc rule for a user execute the following commands from command line prompt.
- SSH to the Zimbra server and login to Zimbra as a super admin user
- Go to the conf folder using the following command
- Confirm the folder location using the below command
- Open to edit the sender_bcc file and enter the primary email id and Vaultastic id of a user as shown in the example below
- Reload Zimbra using the following command