The automatic account lockout feature in Vaultastic prevents hackers from finding out a user’s password by brute force.
When enabled for the domain, users accounts will be automatically locked out when the number of unique invalid login attempts exceeds the given threshold in the specified interval.
Configure Account Lockout for your domain
- Log in to Vaultastic account using administrative rights.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel > Domain Name > Account Lockout
- Toggle the Account Lockout switch to enable or disable the account lockout feature for all the users of the domain.
- Toggle the switch Auto Account Unlock to enable or disable the property. When enabled, an account which is locked out will be automatically unlocked after the period given by account lockout period.
- Enable the Show user authentication error message to display the error message showing the cause such as account lockout, account expiry etc.
- Set the period in minutes in the Account Lockout Period box for which the account is locked out.
- Set the Max invalid password attempts allowed with unique invalid passwords in the given interval.
- Configure the Max invalid password attempt interval in seconds between the consecutive unique invalid attempts.
Unlock a locked account
To unlock the account follow the steps mentioned below
Navigate to Admin Panel
In the left pane, click on the domain name and select Users. The middle pane will show the list of users in the domain.
Click on the user in the middle pane.
In the right pane, expand Security.
Toggle the Account Locked switch to unlock the account.
Click on Save in the bottom right corner.