Using LegacyFlo you can backup email data from the Vaultastic V4 Active store to a zipped EML file in your own AWS S3 bucket.
Before creating migration requests in LegacyFlo, ensure the following:
- S3 bucket has been created
- The S3 registered with LegacyFlo
A. Create an S3 bucket on AWS
Create your S3 bucket in a supported region and allow list and write access to LegacyFlo. The steps for the same are given in the links below:
- Get an AWS account.
- Create an S3 bucket in a region supported by Mithi.
- Allow list and write access to LegacyFlo.
B. Register your S3 bucket as a destination S3 bucket on LegacyFlo
For LegacyFlo to upload data to your S3 bucket, it needs to be added to as a destination S3 bucket in LegacyFlo. The steps for doing the same are as given below:
- Login to LegacyFlo
- Select Add Request
- On the left pane,
- Give a dummy title
- Select MITHI-S3-ZIP as the Request Type
- In the section on Destination Information,
- Click the [+] icon next to S3 Bucket Name
- On the Prepare Bucket page, you will be shown the list of steps to be completed to create and grant access to the S3 bucket. Confirm that you have done as instructed and click on I confirm that the above configuration is complete.
- Click Continue
- On the Configure, Verify & Save the page, give the Bucket Name and select the Bucket Region.
- Click Verify. LegacyFlo will check the access to the bucket.
- If LegacyFlo cannot access the bucket, you will be shown an error message similar to All access to this object has been disabled. Check S3 access rights and name and retry.
- If the connection is successful then click on Save. LegacyFlo will remember this S3 for further requests.
Migrate data to your own S3 bucket