Ideolve interface is made up of three panes.
- The Application Bar
- The List view
- The Note view
On the left of the screen is the Application Bar.
- The options on the Application Bar allow you to switch between the Home, Notifications, Mentions, Tags, My Space, Pinned Notes, and People applications.
- In addition, if you have any invitations to join other workspaces, they will be visible after the People icon.
- The top icon on the Application Bar shows your profile photo. Clicking on the Profile photo opens a menu from where you can do the following:
- Go to the Settings page to update your profile details.
- Log out of Ideolve
- Upload/reset profile photo
- Manage workspaces
- Start the Quick Tour
- View the Ideolve application updates
- Access the Online Help FAQs
- Send in your feedback.
- Clicking on the Manage workspaces will open the workspace manager. Using the Workspace Manager, you can:
The middle pane shows the list view. Depending on the application selected, the list view contents will change.
- Selecting Home or MySpace in the Application Bar will show the list of Notes in the list view.
- The top of the list view is the Search Box. You can search through the filtered notes using a combination of keywords, tags, and authors.
- The next element is the workspace filter. You can change the filter by choosing one from the list which appears by clicking on the down arrow next to the selected filter.
- Below the filter is the note list.
- The list shows all the notes which satisfy the search criteria.
- By default, the note with the latest change or update will be at the top of the list. You can change the order by selecting date or relevance from the Sort list, which appears to the right of the search criteria.
- The notifications list view will have the list of changes to all the notes you have created or that are shared with you.
- The latest notification will be at the top of the list.
- Each notification has the following:
- The author
- The action taken
- The Note title
- The workspace to which the note belongs
- Clicking on the notification will open the note in the detail view.
- New notifications will be highlighted in blue. To remove the highlight,
- Navigate to the note by clicking on the notification.
- Read & click the comment / note.
- The list of all notes or comments where you have been addressed/mentioned or tapped will be listed.
- The latest mention will be at the top of the list.
- Each mention will have :
- The author
- The action (mentioned/ tapped)
- The Note title
- The Workspace to which the note belongs
- New mentions will be highlighted in blue.
- To remove the highlight,
- Navigate to the note by clicking on the mention
- Read & click the comment / note.
The tag list shows all your private tags and is organized into three views:
- The most recently used tags
- The most popular tags
- All tags (Sorted alphabetically in ascending order)
- The tabs (Recent / Popular / A-Z) on the top of the Tag list allow you to switch between the views. Clicking on a tag will update the search criteria in the Note list.
- MySpace is your personal workspace on Ideolve.
- By default, all the notes that you have created are only visible to you in MySpace.
- To share a note, you first have to move it to a common workspace and then share the note.
- This application lists all the notes pinned by you.
- You can pin any number of notes across workspaces.
- The People view helps you to search notes with the user's context.
- To view all notes associated with a user, select the user from the list.
An Ideolve Note view consists of
- Note header
- Note Pane
- Comments Pane
- Files Pane
- At the top of the Note View is the Note Header. The Note header is fixed at the top of the detail view and will not move even as you scroll through the note content and comments.
- At the top of the header, you will see the Note Title. The note owner can update the title, and it will reflect in the note header and other views. Note title shows
- The author of the note
- The date and time of the last update to the note
- At the right of the note title,
- If the note is shared with other users, then a shared user icon will be shown. Clicking on the icon will show the list of users with whom the note is shared. You can add new users to the list.
- The tag icon. Clicking on the tag icon will show the list of private tags attached to the note. You can delete existing tags by clicking on the x icon next to the tag name. To attach a new tag, type the tag name at the end of the list.
- If the note has been published, then a publicly available icon will be shown. Clicking the icon will show a link to the note.
- The Tap icon. Clicking on the icon will show the list of users. Tap a user from the list to send an alert to view the note.
- A drop-down menu from where you can do the following operations:
- Publish a link to the note
- Export the note to a PDF
- An Admin control icon to update the default note level controls. This icon is visible only for Note owner.
- Delete the note
- Below note title, you will see
- Notes, Comments, and Files pane to choose from.
- A search icon to search through keywords within the note and its comments
- A Tags icon to view a list of shared tags attached to the note.
- A notification icon to search through the note activity list.
- Selecting the Note tab shows the note pane. The note pane consists of Note Content.
- The note content is the text, table, and images you add to the note. Only note owners can edit the note content. The note can be formatted using the toolbar.
- You can also insert tables, images, and links.
- The copy to clipboard icon is used to copy all the note content.
- An attachment icon in the top right corner of the note pane allows you to view or attach files to the note.
- Use the Save icon to save any changes you have made to the note.
- If you have shared a note with a collaborator, he or she can attach comments to the notes. As a note owner, you too can attach comments to your own notes.
- Selecting the Comments tab shows all the comments attached to the note.
- At the top of a comment, you will see the comment header.
- On the left side of the comment header, you will see the following elements:
- Profile photo and name of the author of the comment
- Date and time of the last update to the comment
- To attach a comment, click on the + icon at the bottom right of the Note view.
- The comment header of a new comment will have the following controls on the right-hand side:
- A save icon to post the comment.
- A discard icon to discard the comment
- A file attachment icon, using which you can attach documents to the comment
- Toolbar to format the content
- The comment header of an existing comment will have the following controls:
- Reply to that particular comment.
- Tap to refer users to view the content
- A copy icon to copy the contents of the comment
- If you are the author of the comment, you will see
- An Edit button. Clicking on it will open the comment in an editor.
- A menu that will allow you to delete the comment or attach documents
- If you are the author of the comment, you can format the contents using the toolbar of the editor.
- Selecting Files pane shows a list of all the files attached by all the users to the note. By default, the most recent files attached are shown at the top of the list.
- At the top-right side of the Files pane, find the filter and sort options to process the list.
- Selecting a particular user from the drop-down list will show all the files attached by the user.
- To sort the list by date, choose the Newer or Older option from the drop-down. Choosing the Newer option will show the most recent attached files on the top. Choosing the Older option will show the files attached earlier on the top.
- Choosing the Type option from the drop-down will show the list sorted by type of file.