Ideolve interface is made up of three panes.
- The Application Bar
- The List view
- The Note view
On the left of the screen is the Application Bar.
- The options on the Application Bar allow you to switch between the Home, Notifications, Mentions, Tags, and your personal workspace called MySpace.
- If you have any invitations to join other workspaces, they will be visible after the MySpace icon.
- The top icon on the Application Bar shows your profile photo. Clicking on the Profile photo opens a menu from where you can do the following:
- Go to the Settings Page to update your profile details
- Log out of Ideolve account
- Upload/reset profile photo
- Manage workspaces
- Start the Quick Tour
- View the Ideolve application updates
- Access the Online Help FAQs
- Send in your feedback
Clicking on the Manage workspaces will open the workspace manager. Using the Workspace Manager, you can:
The middle pane shows the list view. Depending on whether you have selected Home, MySpace, Notifications, Mentions or Tags the list view contents will change
- Clicking on Home or MySpace will show the list of Notes
- The top of the list view is the Search Box. You can search through the filtered notes using a combination of keywords, tags, and authors.
- The next element is the workspace filter. The selected filter is shown. You can change the filter by choosing one from the list which appears on clicking on the down arrow next to the selected filter.
- Below the filter is the note list.
- If you have pinned any notes, they will appear at the top of the list.
- After the pinned notes are the list of filtered notes which satisfy the search criteria.
- When you search for notes, by default, the note with the latest change or update will be at the top of the list. You can change the order by selecting date or relevance from the Sort list which appears to the right of the search criteria.
- The notifications list view will have the list of changes to all the notes you have created or shared with you. The latest notification will be at the top of the list
- Each notification has the following:
- The author
- The action taken
- The Note title
- The workspace to which the note belongs
- Clicking on the notification will open the note in the detail view.
- New notifications will be highlighted (with the color blue). To remove the highlight,
- Navigate to the note by clicking on the notification.
- Read & click the comment / note.
- The list of all notes or comments in which you have been addressed/mentioned or tapped will be listed. The latest mention will be at the top of the list.
- Each mention will have :
- The author
- The action (mentioned/ tapped)
- The Note title
- The Workspace to which the note belongs
- New mentions will be highlighted (with the color blue). To remove the highlight,
- Navigate to the note by clicking on the mention
- Read & click the comment / note.
The tag list shows all your private tags and is organized into three views:
- The most recently used tags
- The most popular tags
- All tags (Sorted alphabetically in ascending order)
- The tabs (Recent / Popular / A-Z) on the top of the Tag list allow you to switch between the views.
- Clicking on a tag will update the search criteria in the Note list.
An Ideolve Note view consists of
- Note header
- Note Pane
- Comments Pane
A. Note Header
- At the top of the detail note view is the Note Header. The Note header is fixed at top of the detail view and will not move even as you scroll through the note content and comments.
- At the left of the Note header, you will see
- The note title
- If the note has been shared, then a shared user icon will be shown. Clicking on the icon will show the list of users with whom the note is shared.
- The tag icon. Clicking on the tag icon will allow you to edit the private tags attached to the note.
- If the note has been published, then a publicly available icon will be shown. Clicking the icon will show a link to the note which can be shared with others.
- The Tap icon. Clicking on the icon will show the list of users. Tap a user from the list to send an alert to view the note.
- On the right of the Note header, you will see the following:
- A search icon to search through keywords within the note and its comments
- A tags icon to the view a list of shared tags attached to the note.
- An attachments icon to view a list of files attached to the note.
- A notification icon to search through the note activity list.
- A drop-down menu from where you can do the following operations:
- Publish a link to the note
- Delete the note
- Export the note to a PDF
- Toggle the Resize button to expand or shrink the size of the Note view
- An Admin control icon to update the default note level controls. This icon is visible only for Note owner.
- Share the note
B. Note Pane
Selecting the Note tab shows the note pane. The note pane consists of
- Note Title
- Private Tag list
- Note Content
The Note title is displayed at the top of the Note pane. The note owner can update the title and it will reflect in the note header and other views. Note title shows
- The author of the note
- The date and time of the last update to the note
Private Tag list
The Tag list shows the list of private tags attached to the note. You can delete existing tags by clicking on the x icon next to the tag name. To attach a new tag, simply type the name at the end of the list.
The note content is the text, table, and images you add to the note. Only note owners can edit the note content. The note can be formatted using the toolbar.
You can also insert tables, images, and links.
An attachment icon in the top right corner of the note pane allows you to view or attach files to the note.
A save icon, to save any changes you have made to the note. Save note icon will be shown if you are the owner of the note.
A copy icon, to copy all the note content.
C. Comments Pane
- If you have shared a note with a collaborator, he or she can attach comments to the notes or owner too can attach comments to the own notes.
- Selecting the Comments tab shows all the comments attached to the note.
- To attach a comment, click on the + icon at the bottom right of the Note view.
- At the top of a comment, you will see the comment header.
- On the left side of the comment header you will see the following elements:
- Profile photo and name of the author of the comment
- Date and time of the last update to the comment
- The comment header of a new comment will have the following controls on the right-hand side:
- A save icon to post the comment
- A discard icon to discard the comment
- A file attachment icon, using which you can attach documents to the comment
- A control to resize the comment window
- Toolbar to format the content
- The comment header of an existing comment will have the following controls to:
- Reply to that particular comment
- Tap to refer users to view the content
- A copy of the contents of the comment
- If you are the author of the comment, you will see
- An Edit button: Clicking on it will open the comment in an editor.
- A menu which will allow you to delete the comment or attach documents
- If you are the author of the comment, you can format the contents using the toolbar of the editor.