Preparation for All IMAP servers
- The source and destination server types are supported by LegacyFlo
- The email are available in the mailboxes hosted on the source server. Email which have been downloaded using the POP protocol and deleted from the server, cannot be migrated using this option.
- Your email service provider supports IMAP access to mail boxes
- You should have the rights and the capability to reset the passwords on the source and destination server in order to access the mail boxes.
- In case of an in-premise setup, you have provisioned sufficient Internet bandwidth. (This will not apply to SkyConnect, Vaultastic, O365, Yahoo or GSuite.)
- The source email service provider should allow large email downloaded via IMAP without any throttling.
- If the source or destination server is GSuite or Yahoo, you have configured your email server to allow IMAP access as mentioned in the sections below.
Step C: User should confirm the access
Open the mail
Click Secure your account
Skip all the steps and navigate to Disable access for less secured apps section and turn On the Access for less secure apps
Step D: Configure Gmail for sharing or sync
IMAP sync of Gmail requires that IMAP is full enabled. And here is how to check if your Gmail has IMAP enabled:
- Log into your Gmail account at https://mail.google.com.
- Go to your Gmail settings and select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” (the direct link should be https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/fwdandpop).Please verify the following:
- “Enable IMAP” should be selected.
- “Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder” should be selected.
- Save the above settings.
- Go to the “Labels” tab (the direct link should be: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/labels).
- Verify that “All Mail” have “Show in IMAP” enabled.
- If you are syncing emails from a label or sharing a label, you need to ensure that label and all sub-labels in that label have IMAP enabled.
Additional Preparation for Yahoo
Before migrating the historical data from Yahoo, user's on your domain should generate password for imapsync and share it with admin.