When you set journaling rules on your primary server, the data is uploaded to the Vaultastic Active Store. This data is immediately searchable.
If your usage does not require you to keep older data immediately accessible, you can move data from the Active to Inactive store and then remove it from the Active Store. Whenever required, data can be copied to the Active Store for discovery and removed when the task is over.
This helps keep the size of the Active Store in control without compromising on the safety of the data.
Moving data from Active to Inactive store
- Login to Vaultastic using postmaster@<your Vaultastic domain>
- Launch the Admin Panel
- Select the domain and expand the Storage Management section
- Enable Auto Storage Management.
- Select the number of months to retain data on Active. The automation which kicks off on the first of every month, will copy data from the Active Storage to Inactive Storage and also delete Active Storage data that has been successfully copied to the Inactive Store as per the example below:
- Let's say the value of Maintain data on Active Store for [n] months is set to 1, and today's date is the 1st of May
- The automation will submit LegacyFlo jobs to copy mail for all vaults of the domain to data files on the Inactive Store for the month of March of the same year.
- The automation will also submit LegacyFlo jobs to delete mail for all vaults archived for the month of Feb of the same year from the Active Store. (Deletion will always be done only for those vaults whose data was successfully copied in the previous month)
- Select the data type on the Inactive Store. The automation will use this as the target data file type to be created on the Inactive Store
- Save the settings
You can use the LegacyFlo app to get status reports of the monthly jobs to copy data from the Active to Inactive stores follows
- Login to the LegacyFlo app using postmaster@<your Vaultastic domain>
- Search for your jobs by specifying the Request type. If you have selected the data type PST in Vaultastic Storage Management, search for request type VV4-MOVETOINACTIVE-PST. If the data type is EML, search for request type VV4-MOVETOINACTIVE-EML.
- Browse within the app or download a detailed report and open in a spreadsheet
Using the Vaultastic Inactive Store Application
You can search for the data files created on the Inactive Store using the Inactive Store App
- Login to Vaultastic
- Navigate to the Inactive Store App
- Fetch files containing the vault id or month of retention
- Scroll down to fetch all files
- Download metadata or data files as required
Using the Vaultastic Usage dashboard
You can check the reduction in the size of the Active Store and the increase in the size of the Inactive Store using the dashboard
- Login to Vaultastic
- Launch the dashboard
- Check the storage in the Inactive and Active storage for the different days of the month
Using the eDiscovery App
You can confirm that the mails for a particular month are removed from the Active Storage by using the eDiscovery application
Moving data from Inactive to Active store
If you are required to make data in the Inactive Store discoverable, it has to be first moved to Active Storage. We highly recommend that data should be attached to a new vault so that it can be deleted after the discovery process is complete. The steps for doing so are given below:
- Login to Vaultastic Admin panel
- Create a vault. Vault name should be in the format user-mm-yyyy. We recommend not to restore to the original vault. For example, amin-03-2019, amit.patil-04-2018.
- Assign Self Service access to the Vault
- Navigate to the Inactive Store app. Get the details of the LegacyFlo request to be submitted.
- Login to LegacyFlo
- Submit and execute the LegacyFlo data migration request
- Once you finish working with the Vault, go to the Vaultastic application and delete the Vault from the active store.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't the mail from the primary mail server be delivered directly to the Inactive Store? I do not need e-Discovery.
Using the journaling or forwarding feature, mails are transacted by the users in real-time and are delivered to Vaultastic one mail at a time. These emails are collected on the Active Store where the unit of storage is mail. The unit of storage on the Inactive Store is a file and hence the mail cannot be collected directly on the Inactive Store.
What is the minimum duration of mail on the Active Store?
If the "Select the number of months to retain data on Active Store" is set to 1, then the emails will remain on the Active Store for an average of 2 months.
Why is there a month's gap between collection on Active Store and copy to Inactive Store?
There are two primary reasons for this. One technical and one based on the most common use cases of Vaultastic.
The technical reason is to ensure all emails are collected on Vaults and to account for any reasons of delay in mail delivery.
This is also required for most uses of Vaultastic where the latest emails are accessed most often by end-users/supervisors.
Why is there an additional month's gap between the copy to Inactive Store and deletion from the Active Store?
Your data is precious. Once the data is automatically copied into the data files on the Inactive Store, there are a lot of automated checks done to ensure that all data is properly copied to the Inactive Store before it is deleted from the Active Store. A month's gap between these two operations allows for all these checks to be completed. Only data that has been properly moved to the Inactive Store will be deleted in the coming month.