When you set journaling rules on your primary server, the data is uploaded to the Vaultastic Active Store. This data is immediately searchable.
If your usage does not require you to keep older data immediately accessible, you can move data from the Active to Inactive store and then remove it from the Active Store. Whenever required, data can be copied to the Active Store for discovery and removed when the task is over.
This helps keep the size of the Active Store in control without compromising on the safety of the data.
Moving data from Active to Inactive store
A. Define a monthly process to move mail data for n months prior to the inactive store
You can set a monthly process to move data from the Active Store to the Inactive Store using the LegacyFlo application as follows:
- Log in to Vaultastic Admin Panel
- Get the list of vaults
- Log in to LegacyFlo
- Create a CSV file to submit multiple requests to migrate mail data from Active to Inactive store. To create a CSV,
- Click the Import option on the menu bar. Choose the request type between VAULTASTIC4-S3-ZIP or VAULTASTIC4-S3-PST depending on the target file type.
- Download the sample CSV file for the request type
- Add a row for each vault as retrieved in Step 2. Refer to the table below to enter the values in CSV
|Property in the sample CSV file downloaded from the LegacyFlo application||
Value to be inserted
|jobtype||VAULTASTIC4-S3-PST / VAULTASTIC4-S3-ZIP||
|jobtitle||Title for the LegacyFlo job||Active to Inactive store - Amin Kumar-01 May to 01 Jun 2019|
Inactive Store bucket
|Credentials for your Inactive Store bucket|
|destinationS3Region||Bucket Region||Region of your Vaultastic deployment|
|sendreportid||The email id to which reports are to be firstname.lastname@example.org|
|sourcedomainname||Your Vaultastic domain||connectserver-co-in.vaultastic.com|
|sourceserver||Your Vaultastic domain||connectserver-co-in.vaultastic.com|
|since||1st of the month||01-MAY-2019|
|before||1st of next month||01-JUN-2019|
(This is a fixed value)
- Upload the CSV to submit requests in the
- From the requests list, search for the requests you submitted and start to execute all
- Monitor the execution process. Refer to the stages in the upload process.
B. Configure Vaultastic to delete older mail from the vaults
Using the Admin Panel, you can configure Vaultastic to automatically delete mail older than n + 2 months from each vault. It is recommended to keep a buffer of 2 months so that long-running jobs to move the data from Active to Inactive storage are completed before the data is deleted from the Active Storage.
Moving data from Inactive to Active store
If you are required to make data in the Inactive Store discoverable, it has to be first moved to the Active Storage. We highly recommend that data should be attached to a new vault so that it can be deleted after the discovery process is complete. The steps for doing so are given below:
- Login to Vaultastic Admin panel
- Create a vault. Vault name should be in the format user-mm-yyyy. We recommend not to restore to the original vault. For example, amin-03-2019, amit.patil-04-2018.
- Assign Self Service access to the Vault
- Navigate to the Inactive Store app. Get the details of the LegacyFlo request to be submitted.
- Login to LegacyFlo
- Submit and execute the LegacyFlo data migration request
- Once you finish working with the Vault, go to the Vaultastic application and delete the Vault from the active store.