Note: The Archive view is available only for the users of Vaultastic Version 3. This view has been deprecated from Vaultastic Version 4.
1. Access the Archive view
To access the Archive view of the Self Service Portal, you have to log in to your Vaultastic account. Clicking on the Archive icon in the top left corner of the screen will launch the archive view.
2. Understand the folder structure
The archive view of the Self service portal is designed to look like a mailbox. On the left of the screen you will see the list of "folders" on your Vaultastic account.
By default, each account will have two folders, that is the Inbox and the Sent Items. Selecting the Inbox will show all the mail received by you and selecting the Sent Items folder will show all the mail sent by you.
If you administrator has uploaded legacy email data into your account, that will be visible under the History folder.
Note: The archive view will show only the mails archived to the id to which you have logged into.
It will not show the mail of any other accounts.
3. Search for a mail
To search through mail in the a folder, select the folder and use the keyword search or the advance search options on the top of the right pane.
The keyword search option is available on the left of the advance search. Any keywords entered here will be searched in the mail header as well as the body.
Use the advanced search option for faster and more accurate results. You can narrow down the search results by searching the for senders, recipients, subject or body text. You can also specify a time range for the search.
4. View a mail
To view the contents of the mail, click on the selected mail.
This will open up the View mail window.
You can also open the mail in a new tab, by clicking on the Open in new tab option in the Options menu.
5. Reply or forward a mail
You can reply to or forward a mail from the folder view or the view email window.
To reply to or forward a mail from the folder view, hover your mouse over the mail. A set of action icons will appear on the mail. Select the required option from the Reply, Reply all or Forward drop down list.
The same options are available from the view mail window.
Note: If you do not see the reply,reply all or forward options in the folder view or the view mail window,
contact your system administrator to enable them for your account.
6. Download or print a mail
You can also Download or Print a selected mail.
To download or print a mail from the folder view, hover your mouse over the mail. A set of action icons will appear on the mail. Select the required option from the Download and Print drop down list.
The same options are available from the View mail window.
Note: If you do not see these options in the folder view or the view mail window , contact your system administrator to enable them for your account.
7. Export mail
This feature will be deprecated and is no longer supported. Please use the export methods mentioned here.
You can export the entire contents of a mail folder to a PST file or as EML files. The steps to do so are as follows:
- In the folder view, navigate to the folder using the folder list on the left.
- Narrow down your search using the keyword or the advance search.
- Click on Export mails of this folder.
- In the pop-up dialog box, select the format. The two options are EML in a ZIP file or PST.
- In Send link to specify your email id. The email with with the links to the ZIP or PST file will be sent to this email id.
- On submission of the job, the job will be processed in the background. You will receive a notification mail when the export job starts.
- On successful completion, a mail will be sent to you with the links to download the ZIP (with EML) or PST file.
- The time taken for the completion of the job will depend on the size of the export.
- For large jobs, the results will be split across multiple ZIP or PST files.