- The Inactive Store of Vaultastic Version 4 is where you can upload data files such as PST, EML(in ZIP format), MBOX of MAILDIR.
- These files can remain on the Inactive Store till you download them or copy the data to Active Store for discovery.
- There are multiple ways you can upload data files to the Inactive Store. These methods are highlighted in the topic here.
- This topic discusses the method of using LegacyFlo to upload data from IMAP mailboxes using LegacyFlo.
Prepare the SOURCE SERVER to allow IMAP access from LegacyFlo
- The emails to be migrated are available in the mailboxes hosted on the source server. Emails that have been downloaded using the POP protocol and deleted from the server, cannot be migrated using this option.
- Your email service provider supports IMAP access to mailboxes.
- You should have the rights and the capability to reset the passwords on the source in order to access the mail boxes OR should be able to delegate the access to a user whose credentials are known.
- If the source server is hosted at your own premises, you have provisioned sufficient Internet bandwidth to transfer the mailbox data. (This will not apply to SkyConnect, Vaultastic, O365, Yahoo or GSuite.)
- The source email service provider should allows large email downloaded via IMAP without any throttling.
- You have configured your email server to allow IMAP access as mentioned in the sections below.
- In addition to the above, GMail servers need additional configuration depending on whether you are using less secure or OAuth access. Follow the instructions given in the table below:
|GMail with less secure app access||Follow the instructions given here.|
|GMail with OAuth access||Follow the instructions given here.|
- In addition to the above steps, to provide delegated access to mailboxes on O365, follow the instructions given below:
|Delegate access to mailboxes on O365||Follow the instructions given here.|
Migrate data to the Inactive Store
Once the preparation is done, you can start the migration by submitting migration requests to LegacyFlo.
Note: This step has to be executed for each mailbox to be migrated.
The request type used to submit a LegacyFlo request will depend on the source type. The table below gives the details of the preparation and request parameters for different source types:
Retrieve data from S3
You can retrieve the data by accessing the Vaultastic V4 Inactive store.