The Ideolve interface is made up of three panes.
- The Application Bar
- The List view
- The Note view
On the top of the screen is the Application Bar.
- The options on the left of the Application Bar allow you to switch between the Home, Notifications, Mentions and the Tags.
- To the right of the Application Bar is the button to add new notes and your profile photo. Clicking on the Profile photo drops down a menu from where you can do the following:
- Go to the Settings Page to update your profile details
- Log out of Ideolve account
- Upload / reset profile photo
- Start the Quick Tour
- View the Ideolve application updates
- Access the Online Help FAQs
- Send in your feedback
- Download the Ideolve mobile applications for iOS and Android.
The list view is to the left of the screen. Depending on whether you have selected Home, Notifications, Mentions or Tags the list view contents will change
- Clicking on Home will show the list of Notes
- The top of the list view shows the selected Notes filter. Clicking on the selected Notes filter will open the Workspace manager. Using the Workspace Manager, you can:
- Change the Note filter
- Invite users / Rename workspaces
- View the list of users invited to a workspace
- Pin Workspaces
- Create or send invitation to join workspaces
- Below the Note filter is the Search Box. You can search through the filtered notes using the keywords, tags and authors specified here.
- Below the Search box is the note list. If you have pinned any notes, they will appear at the top of the list.
- After the pinned notes is the list of filtered notes which satisfy the search criteria.
- If there is no search criteria defined, the note with the latest change or update will be at the top of the list. For search results, the notes will be sorted by relevance or date as selected by you.
- The notifications list view will have the list of changes to all the notes you have created or shared with you. The latest notification will be at the top of the list
- Each notification has the following:
- The author
- The action taken
- The Note title
- The workspace to which the note belongs
- Clicking on the notification will open the note in the detail view.
- New notifications will be highlighted (with the color blue). To remove the highlight,
- Navigate to the note by clicking on the notification
- Read & click the comment / note
- The list of all notes or comments in which you have been mentioned or tapped will be listed. The latest mention will be at the top of the list.
- Each mention will have :
- The author
- The action (mentioned/ tapped)
- The Note title
- The Workspace to which the note belongs
- New mentions will be highlighted (with the color blue). To remove the highlight,
- Navigate to the note by clicking on the mention
- Read & click the comment / note.
The tag list is organized in three views:
- The most recently used tags
- The most popular tags
- All tags (Sorted alphabetically in ascending order)
- The tabs (Recent / Popular / A-Z) on the top of the Tag list allow you to switch between the views.
- Clicking on a tag will update the search criteria in the Note list.
An Ideolve Note view consists of
- Note header
- Note Title
- Tag list
- Note content
A. Note Header
- At the top of the detail view is the Note Header. The Note header is fixed at top of the Detail view and will not move even as you scroll through the note content and comments.
- At the left of the Note header you will see
- The note title
- The author of the note
- The date and time of the last update to the note
- If the note has been shared, then a shared user icon will be shown. Clicking on the icon will show the list of users with whom the note is shared.
- The tag icon. Clicking on the tag icon will allow you edit the tags attached to the note.
- The Tap icon. Clicking on the icon will show the list of users. Tap a user from list to send alert to view the note.
- On the right of the Note header, you will see the following:
- A save icon, to save any changes you have made to the note.Save note icon will be shown if you are the owner of the note.
- A search icon to search through keywords within the note and its comments
- A notification icon to search through the note activity list.
- A drop down menu from where you can do the following operations:
- Attach files to the note
- Share the note
- Publish a link to the note
- Delete the note
- Export the note to a PDF
- Toggle the Resize button to expand or shrink the size of the Note view
B. Note Title
The Note title is just below the note header. The note owner can update the title and it will reflect in the note header and other views.
C. Tag list
The Tag list shows the list of tags attached to the note. Tags are private and visible only to you. You can delete existing tags by clicking on the x icon next to the tag name. To attach a new tag, simple type the name at the end of the list.
D. Note content
The note content is the text, table and images you add to the note. Only note owners can edit the note content. The note can be formatted using the tool bar.
You can also insert tables, images and links.
- If you have shared a note with a collaborator, he or she can attach comments to the notes. You too can attach comments to your own notes. To attach a comment, click on the + icon at the bottom right of the Note view.
- At the top of a comment you will see the comment header.
- On the left side of the comment header you will see the following elements:
- Profile photo and name of the author of the comment
- Date and time of the last update to the comment
- The comment header of a new comment will have the following controls on the right hand side:
- A save icon to post the comment
- A discard icon to discard the comment
- A file attachment icon, using which you can attach documents to the comment
- A control to resize the comment window
- Tool bar to format the content
- The comment header of an existing comment will have the following controls to:
- Reply to that particular comment
- Tap to refer users to view the content
- A copy the contents of the comment
- If your are the author of the comment, you will see
- An Edit button : Clicking on it will open the comment in an editor.
- A menu which will allow you to delete the comment or attach documents
- If you are the author of the comment, you can format the contents using the tool bar of the editor.